The Cemetery of Santo Amaro was officially opened in March 1851, with the blessing of Bishop D. João da Purificação Marques Perdigão. There in the cemetery numerous artworks in iron, marble, bronze, and other materials; so Jobson considers the cemetery as an "outdoor gallery ". In 1992, fortunately, this "gallery" had some of its works restored.
As an example of revitalization, there is the fence of cast iron, which was all recovered by the artist. This grating comprises grid circulating area of the cemetery and a gate with two columns. All this work was originally produced by the now extinct Aurora Casting commanded at the time by Englishman Christopher Starr.